Thursday, June 19, 2014

February 24, 2014 - Greetings from the Favela



February 24, 2014


Um did you guys ask for letters????  No, just kidding ha ha, but if you want I can try to send them to you guys because it takes almost 2 months to get there.  I forgot my notes from the stake conference again. I’m sorry, don’t be ashamed of me.  This week has been good we have a new investigator that is very good.  His name is Anderson; he’s doing well and we really are praying that he will get baptized this Saturday!  Other than that, we haven’t had too much stuff happen to us.  



I saw a rat this week the size of one of those Shih Tzu dogs in the canal and then about 100 yards ahead a couple of kids from the favela were swimming in the canal. I nearly puked.

Brazilian Favela; photo from internet
I went to the favela and the houses were on top of the water, I was a little freaked out that I would fall into the water!   But all is well, transfers are next week and I am hoping that I stay in Areia Branca, but I have no idea hah!



love you, Mom



Elder ChaseThurgood

No comments:

Post a Comment