Thursday, June 19, 2014

March 2, 2014 - Happy Birthday, Coulson!



March 2, 2014

Happy Birthday, Coulson!  It’s crazy that you are already 16 years old and close to driving. Now you are able to bless the sacrament!  It’s such a blessing to be able to bless every week!  Make sure that you are worthy and able to do so every week.  I want you to think about the sacrament when you are blessing like this: our covenants of baptism that we made are renewed every week.  How? during the sacrament, and so the entire ward is expecting and hoping that the sacrament is passed in a reverent way so that they can be once again cleansed of their sins from the past week.  Coulson, this is very important that we renew our covenants and we renew them worthily.   As soon as you leave church you should begin preparing to bless for the next Sunday.  

I’m proud of the person you have become and you will become!  I can tell you that I wasn’t the reason that you are who you are but it’s because of you: Your work ethic, your preparation, and your character.  I’m always so proud to talk about what you all are doing back home and just brag of my family.  Thanks for giving me something to brag about, it’s pretty easy to brag about you!  Congrats on being 16 and dating. Just be smart with girls; they are crazy for Thurgood boys wherever in the world they go!  Keep working hard in track, but remember most importantly to have fun. I forgot to have fun my senior season and that’s why I didn’t do as well as I wanted to.  Just have fun!  Here’s a quote for you:  to do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.  



Love you, Coulson. I am proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment