Thursday, June 19, 2014

March 10, 2014 - Small World, Transfer and New Companion - Elder Johnson

March 10, 2014


Chase and Elder Johnson.
Well, first things first.  My new companion and area.  My new area is in Enseada Guaruja. This area is super blessed. It's really big and to walk from one end to the other is 2-3 hours so we take the bus a lot!  I have really enjoyed it so far. The people here are really nice and are starting to take missionary work seriously!  

Now my companion.....did you guys go to school with a Shawn Johnson that went to Sky View then Utah State then moved to Virginia because his son is my companion!  ha-ha. He's been out for 4 months, but only one transfer in Brazil so his Portuguese is a little weak, but nothing that I haven't already passed through.  

We have three Americans and a Brazilian in our area.  We aren't dividing the area for right now.  The Brazilian that's here tells everyone that I'm fluent and I understand everything so that's been a confidence booster.  Our area is very close to the beaches, the really pretty ones so that's been cool because the beaches in Santos are really ugly and these have that lighter blue color!  

I'm the senior companion which has been really different ha ha, but nice at the same time. President Cabral and Sister Cabral gave us a talk that was super good that I'm going to send you in Portuguese to translate in Google translator!   

I'm finding out that mom, you've known Shawn Johnson since you were kids.  It's a small world in Logan and Smithfield, Utah ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment