Monday, June 16, 2014

February 3, 2014 - Testimony



February 3, 2014
I watched Toy Story 3 this week. I haven’t seen it in a super long time. I forgot how sad it is haha.  

 This past week had its ups and downs. I got heat exhaustion on Friday. I wasn’t drinking enough water for 110 degree weather.  We did find a new family with 6 people.  They are super special and I think they will get baptized. They just don’t realize how special they are yet.  

Thank you for being my mom. I love you guys so much.

My new area has been a blessing to me and a help with not being so stressed.  I’m looking forward to this next transfer to have a new companion and learn from someone else.    Other than that I’m doing pretty well here. I might be going down to Sao Paulo tomorrow with other Americans to do some stuff about our visas.

I want you guys to know that I pray for you individually every night. Please tell me things that you need. A prayer is so much more powerful when it’s specific. I want you to know that at times its difficult being here and you guys being in Colorado, but there are so many blessings that we don’t recognize that it’s worth it. There are definitely some days that I am literally exhausted emotionally and physically, but I can tell you this.  This is the true church of the Lord Jesus Christ, The Lamb of God. He sacrificed for you and He sacrificed for me.  If you read in Ether 12 verse 6 it talks about that after the trials of life is when your faith will be strengthened.   I can tell you that I am grateful for my family each and every one of you.  The strength that you bring to me - there is no words to describe my gratitude.  
I can’t tell you how many times I have cried kneeling on my bed while praying in the mission, but it’s the time when I stop and end my prayer and just wait quietly when the power of the spirit testifies.  Everyone always says that prayer is a conversation with God, but why?  If we only talk the whole time, end the prayer and go about our day, we don’t give our Heavenly Father time to talk to us. This is my testimony that God lives, that Jesus Christ atoned for our sins.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to restore the Gospel of Christ.  I know that there is a purpose for everything in life and that we are here to help and lift one another up in times of difficulty.  I love you but no where near the amount the Lord loves you.  Remember this, know this.  I bear you this testimony and my witness in the name of our Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment