Thursday, March 20, 2014

November 11, 2013: Miracles Happen

The area is to say the least, difficult. haha I asked one of the APs yesterday if he knew anything about my area and he said its the pit of the mission for teaching and baptizing.  Of course, my first area is the hardest when I don't know anything, but it's probably for the best because it's going to make me grow the most.  
The people here are not very arrogant, but because they have more money in this area, they dont think they need anything else. To  find someone willing to accept us in their home legitly is a miracle!  The ward is super nice and we are trying to work with them as much as possible!  We want to have a family nightish thing each night during the week in a less active member's home with members or investigators to try to incorporate them. 
It's been hard for me these past couple days because we had a baptism set up, but it fell through an hour before. I also think that I'm the most homesick on p-days because we don't do much and so I have a lot of time to think about how much I miss you. By the end of the week, I do much better.  
Do you think you could send me the conference talk a couple years ago that Elder D. Todd Christofferson wrote about the currant bush and seeking God's loving correction?  We had an investigator come to church yesterday and it might as well have been Christmas. It's weird how happy I was because he exercised his faith and put it in Christ.  Milagres aconteceu! (Miracles happen)

I don't know if it's because my companion is district leader and we have to do a lot in the mornings, but it's hard to get consecutive hours to study.  I'm figuring out when and what I can study at certain times of the day.  My companion is pretty cool!  He actually was Josh Wild's roommate in the CTM so that's pretty crazy!  We found some new people to teach. Honestly, if people let us in or we actually have a lesson it's like freakin' Christmas morning, dude, I can't even tell you!
For people you are working with about the Gospel, pray for them by name asking Heavenly Father what you can do to help them.  This will bring you to a conclusion to what you should do to help.  But if anything, invite them.  Directly say will you come to church, will you do this or that.  When you invite someone directly, there is no escape route, only a yes or no.  And don't be discouraged if it doesn't work out the first time.  If you turn to Preach My Gospel in the ninth chapter it talks about finding people and in the last section it talks about not becoming discouraged because it will weaken your faith. 

The food's been good here, but you don't eat breakfast or dinner very much here so yeah.  The struggle is real in Brasil. I didn't realize how much I liked cold weather until it's 90 degrees at 7 in the morning hahah. Can't wait to see your smiling faces at Christmas....I can Skype, but only if you guys want to.  My president is  straight up sweet - he's so cool.  I'll talk to you next week when I'm 19 hahah weird.


Love you with all my heart. Don't worry about me so much!  I feel your love every second of every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment