Monday, March 17, 2014

October 4, 2013: Trip to the Sao Paulo Temple

When we saw that we got letters in the mail we literally started trippin everywhere we were so excited. Some cool scriptures I found this week are in D&C 86:5.  It talks about the angels waiting to come down to earth.  We are those angels that were waiting to come down to serve the Lord.  I'm grateful that I have that ability now.  Another scripture that provided me some comfort was in 3 Nephi 12:16 and Ether 12:4.  They work really well together.  I love you a lot and miss you so much.

P-day is always a joy to hear about how everyone is doing.  Today and last week we went to the temple. The temple here is super beautiful! The endownment room is probably two to three times as big and the inside is all deep mahogany colored.  It's very cool to be inside.

This week we watched a devotional with Elder Holland. He is definitely one of the most straight forward speakers, but I learned so much from him and the counsel he gave to missionaries.

This week with my companion has gone better. I think it's because I've really looked for good things to say about him and how to love him more even though we really are completely opposite.  I prayed a lot this past week about goals I can not only set for myself, but also for the district. After really thinking about it,

I decided that each week we would select a christlike attribute to study and try to better develop.  It has been a great blessing already to try and develop Christ like attributes.  This week we did charity and love which helped me even more with my companion struggles.  I think it would be a really good thing for the family as well to pick an attribute to work on. Its been a blessing already in my life.

This past Sunday in priesthood, we were practicing how to baptize and my companion was baptizing me and guess who ended up on the floor haha.  I just laughed it off so he wasn't embarrassed haha.  This week i also had the opportunity to give a blessing to one of the sisters and what a powerful experience that was.  I had no idea what I was saying but when I looked up everyone in the district was crying and the spirit was so strong.  It really bonded us together.  We are really close to the other elder companionship in our district.  The only time we aren't with them is while we're sleeping. If you see one of us, the other three are trailing behind somewhere.

I love you, Dad you have been such a great inspiration to me and to your family.  I look forward to reading your letters each week.
Love your missionary,
Elder  Chase Thurgood

No comments:

Post a Comment