Thursday, March 20, 2014

October 25, 2013: Last P-day in the CTM


We haven't done much today because my P-day got changed up because the President of the 70 is coming today for a devotional.   We also aren't able to go to  the temple because of this. Guess who got signed up to sing for it? Yep, me, so I'm a little nervous about that. I'm singing with 4 others elders, but we are all from different countries so that should be interesting.  

I also am pretty nervous about the field.  I just have felt really inadequate lately to actually be going out of the CTM now.  It's crazy how fast the time has gone by.  As a missionary you  read  a lot of scriptures and the one I have found that I just really like right now is Alma 29:9. Super good scripture.  Also I have been memorizing scriptures like crazy: James 1:5, the First Vision, Amos 3:7, John 14:15 and 2 Nephi 31:20.  I was able to give the first vision and James 1:5 in a lesson. I could feel the spirit ten times stronger than just reading it.  I gave it to the sisters in our district as we were practicing  teaching and the spirit was so strong. They were both crying. It was a really awesome experience.  

The bad news about my district is that we aren't all going to the same mission.  Elder Davis is going to Maceio which is way up north. It stinks because we pretty much are the same person; just one's from the south and the other is a Coloradoan. 
One of my new goals is to pray once every hour to make sure I'm always focused on what I'm supposed to do. 

Love your missionary,
Elder Chase Thurgood


No comments:

Post a Comment