Friday, March 21, 2014

December 16, 2013: Zone Conference and Recipes

My zone.
Zone Conference
This week was a little crazy!  We had transfers on Tuesday and we still had to go because we were in a trio.  We were there pretty much the whole day!  On Wednesday, we had a mission conference. President and Sister Cabral know what they are doing.  They are so powerful with the spirit it was crazy. Yeah, I still didn't understand everything, but I understood the feeling of the spirit and so it was really good!  President talked about the gospel.  He asked us what is this gospel about and a lot of people answered things like happiness, joy, love and humility, but what he said this gospel is about, is change.  This gospel is about change.  We ask people to change to come to our church. We ask ourselves to change our ways to be able to meet God.  It was super profound to me.  The conference in total was from 9 to 7- pretty long day to say the least, but still was really good!

I'm trying to make juices more and eat more fruits this week. I found this juice recipe book and here are some recipes.  The last one is for mom, some of the Brasilians really like it, but I'm not going to try that until I have to haha. All of this stuff just put in a blender and go for it.

Apple and kiwi
1 1/2 cups water
2 apples peeled
2 kiwis
sugar

Creamy strawberry
one box of condensed milk
15 strawberries
ice cubes

Avocado 
1 avocado pitted and peeled
2 cups of cold milk
sugar

In Brazil, they have these flee markets called feiras where they fill up a mile long street full of fruits and vegetables and pretty much everything.  I bought 2 big boxes of strawberries for 1 real or 50 cents.  16 bananas for 4 reais or 2 dollars.  It was freaking awesome!  They have this juice here called Caldo de Cana which is sugar cane. They sell that on the streets and it's so good!
Scriptures
Proverbs 15:33  Fear of the lord is wisdom.  Humility comes before honour
I really liked how if we want to receive pretty much anything, we need to become humble and be meek before we will be put on high.  Kind of like the "I have failed a thousand times, but that is why I have succeeded."
2 nephi 9:45  Rock of our salvation - nothing more needs to be said.  We need the atonement in our lives or we are nothing.  We need to have Jesus as our focus or we will get on a path that is much more difficult to get back on.

We still are struggling to find to people to teach so we're trying to make better friends with the members so they will give us referrals. We've tried making cookies a couple times, but there is something in Brasil that the cookies don't turn out right at all and I just get mad haha.  The mission is a learning experience!  I honestly didn't realize how hard it would be. Like yeah, its nice getting big lunches everyday, but when you don't have people to teach and have already done a billion contacts on the street you start thinking a lot.  Most of the time I think about you guys so it's been rough, but we hopefully will start having some success.  I keep your letters in my scriptures.  The first ones are my favorites.

Check out this quote Jake sent me:

Fortune Favors the Brave


It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
I have looked into your eyes with my eyes. I have put my heart near your heart.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. 
The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
The important thing is this: to be able, at any moment, 
to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your 
fear of failure

Don't be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers,
but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment