Wednesday, August 27, 2014

April 16, 2014 - Easter Conference


This past week we had a Mission Conference for Easter. We learned a ton about the Atonement of Christ.   The things that I learned were really and truly himbling to a point that I found myself in tears.  It was an amazing experience for me.  After the conference, President Cabral explained that you now know the Atonement - not perfectly, but almost at a celestial level, but who is going to use the Atonement at a celestial level? We will have to wait and see.  We also talked about Elder Bruce R. Mcconkie and his experience or dream that he had seeing the Atoning Sacrifice of the Lord.  He explained that for us to enter into the kingdom of God, we need to have a similar experience that we see the Only begotten Son Atone for each and every one of us individually.
 
I studied this past week also in Alma 5 and I looked really hard into the phrase, "sing the redeeming love." What is the redeeming love first of all? what does it mean to sing?  What can that love do for us?  I got some really cool answers that you should look into and study.
 
 
The Pass Over - bitter herbs, unleavened bread and lamb meat


Bitter herbs are unpleasant

And it's necessary to eat all

The bread brings relief to the bitter taste
They did have lunch later - with no bitter herbs.






No comments:

Post a Comment