Saturday, August 30, 2014

May 19, 2014 - New Companion in Registro - Elder Veiga

Chase and Elder Veiga
It was good this week, but we had transfers and now I am training a new Elder from Cape Verde Africa. He is pretty cool, but we are still trying to get used to each other. He is still pretty star struck with everything here because everything is new and I just want to get to each place. He drags a little, but he will get used to it. 

He has come from a really hard background and definitely the church changed his life.  He was a gangster/druggie. Yeah crazy stuff.  When he first told me, I just had a face of shock - like I'm never going to make you mad because I'm worried what you will do. I laugh now, but I was a little freaked out when he told me. I am not sure how much I really like training, but its been good so far.  I have faith that we can have at least 1 baptism this Saturday.  I'm really excited because when you train you have to baptize for you trainee.  

That's cool McKaylee spoke in church. What was it about?  I had to speak again, also in Sacrament meeting, for 20 minutes.  I'm starting to get used to it now. haha  That's a heck of a lot of time sleeping. Do you feel better now?  I think the card will work, I just need to make sure today. If something doesn't work, I'll email you during the week.
Our mission is really focusing on faith and how it can do everything for us.  We made a goal that every missionary baptizes on the 24h or 25th of this month.  We are working so that we can achieve this goal.  
Love you dad
Oh, PS I had a dream last night that we were playing soccer together haha. It was funny to me!
_____________________________________________

Hahaha Sister Cabral is funny!

It sounds like you had a busy week for sure!  Congrats - you are almost done with Seminary! I definitely think it will be a blessing for you to focus on different things inside the scriptures.  

I got the package last week.  Thank you so much; I loved it.  All the food was gone in a day, but i really enjoyed it.  I figured out the DVD already haha, but I haven't watched it yet.


McKaylee - What a shower can do for someone is huge hahahaha!
I want to see how long that McKaylee is there going to the singles ward before someone starts liking her and taking her on dates there haha. Everyone here wants to email her and I haven't let them yet hahah.


Dad said he slept from basically 4pm to 5 am this morning. Sounds like he really is working a ton these past couple weeks.
I'm doing good right now. I hope next week or duing the week I can share some of my spiritual experiences or miracles that have happened these past couple weeks.  
I love you mom a lot - I (almost) can't take it anymore!!!  (What movie is this?) Squints.
Love you with all my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment