Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August 11, 2014 - Transfer to Praia Grande

My favorite family in Registro - they are so awesome. He is the branch president, but unfortunately, will be moving to another state.
Well, first of all, thanks for all of your letters this week!  This is the big chunk of my email, then I will do a quick response to everyone because I don't have much time.  This past week was a little crazy - especially these last two days.  I got transferred today and that's why I
m emailing so late.  I'm in Praia Grande which means big beach.  It took 4 hours to get here, then I didn't have a cell phone to call my comp here, so then I had all my suitcases and the guitar walking basically on the highway of Brazil just asking to get robbed.  I made it after walking an hour to the church house.  A member was with my comp and then she took us to her house and made me food because i hadn't eaten until now which is 5 in the afternoon. 

Winstanley and I were pretty sad yesterday when we found out that we were getting separated. I think we had too much fun with everything and now it just wont be the same, but I think in the end, it will all work out.  I got transferred to probably the biggest ward in the mission which will be a lot different than the tiny branch in Registro.  Their attendance is normally 160s whereas in Registro last week, it was 30.  I'm still a zone leader helping a new zone leader learn some things.  

In Registro, we got Luciana to come to two activities last week and she really liked coming to both of them.  She got so excited after the first one that she looked at our lunch calendar and said she would feed us on Friday, so we ate lunch with her and Lara and then taught her about the law of chastity and word of wisdom.  I think she could be baptized in these next couple of weeks.  I hope she does, but I'm worried that because I was always there, she might become a little upset and uninterested because she got closer to me than to Winstanley.  

I'm ready to start in a new area, but at the same time a little nervous.  Its weird not being in Registro as a leader.  It's different there than it is in basically everywhere else.  I am going to be in a trio.  Elder Luchi as zone leader 2 and Elder Lino as junior.  I'm honestly a little worried about the threesome, some but we will figure it out.  

We have Elder Holland coming next week in the morning just for the missionaries and then at night to our chapel in Praia Grande for the members. We will get to see him twice in the same day talking.
I got your letter from July 24th talking about the check up for  backpacking.  Thanks. It was cool reading about the Tree of Life, but I still haven't marked a scripture yet. I'm still trying to decide which method to use.  

Estes looked really pretty from the photos.  Hopefully, you get my letter soon.  I'm pretty exhausted today, but I won't even get a P-day to relax which is even worse.  

I forgot to say in my big email that Elder Winstanley and I had a race off to decide who has the rights to the title, "Fastest Missionary in Missão Brasil Santos."  I won. I have the rights. I didn't make a big deal out of it the whole day because we did it for our exercise in the morning. Then when we were getting ready for bed, I asked, "How do you feel?"  He said, "Fine why?"  "Because did you know that you are talking to the fastest missionary in this mission?"  He started laughing saying he was surprised I didn't say anything before, but I just wanted it to sink in a little bit more.  

I'm looking forward to your talk in sacrament meeting.  I'll send pictures next week of the members in Registro when I said good bye to them. 

 Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment