Saturday, September 20, 2014

September 13, 2014 - Office Work

This week President Cabral said that he talked to you guys over facebook or over the phone or something like that.  I was like, oh dear. I don't know if that's good or bad hahah. Then he's like for you it's terrible - you never are going to get rid of me.  Your parents and I.......BFFs.  hahah I just started laughing!  Hes is funny as heck.

Mckaylee told me about her little meltdown.  I think its going to keep happening until I get home hahah because it's already been a year.  Of course, the phone thing happens in the same week.

Spncer is a nut. when he emails me it's like....yo, whats up bro. how's the beach.
hahahah

Tate, I decided is the most commited writer out of the kids about writing a ton to me every week which isn't really a surprise, but its funny how she is so worried about some of the smallest things.

Coulson is a stud!!  I always take a little look at the article on the Coloradoan to see what they say about the game.

Dad.  Give dad a break ahaha Just kidding, but you do give him a ton of stuff to do!  

I have been running this week almost every day 4km, which is just about 2 1/2 MILES! I was pretty proud of myself because we did it in 16 minutes which is about a 6 minute mile. I was pretty excited about it.

This week wasn't too bad. I had a lot of work to do, but it's been good. I've been working a lot with Microsoft Excel. I've been getting pretty good at it, but sometimes I get ticked because it gets so complicated.  Here in the office, President Cabral and I have made a friendship that's been pretty sweet.  Sometimes it's weird because your Mission president should be serious, but when he hangs out with us or goes to lunch with us, he's the one that jokes more than any one else.  It's stupid how funny he is.

For Christmas, Sister Cabral is putting together a special choir and a program where we will go to different areas and sing at the different church houses over the month of December!  The problem.......I, as the executive secretary have the great blessing to print out the music book for each choir participant.  That's 40 pages a book with 35 missionaries who are going to be singing.  I had to do all the preparations.  To say the least it took a long time and I didn't even  get half way done. Do you want to know why??????  Because I first just sent the printer to print out the books (all 35) until the printer ran out of paper.  So I just kept working in other things while it was printing.  I stopped after 10 minutes to find that the printer was low on ink and the little books were no longer usable because you couldn't see a thing.  So there went about 100 pieces of paper into the trash.  Then the same thing happened again on the other printer.  After that I just stopped because it was so ridiculous or maybe it was because I was so frustrated; I'm not sure.

I found out a new job of mine this week is to mark interviews for President Cabral.  I had to make a document that said when the missionaries were last interviewed so the president could see who needed to be interviewed most.  It took a while, but I finished it. The funniest part is when you call the missionaries to be interviewed you at first have small talk with them, like how's it going, how's the work, etc. Then I ask how long it has been since they've had an interview with President Cabral.  It just goes silent on the phone and they answer hoping that it's close enough that they don't need to come to Santos for another one. 

I found out that I'm going to be going to São Paulo again next Friday so we will see how everything goes. Maybe I'll be able to go to the temple - I'm just praying for the chance!


Love yo

No comments:

Post a Comment