Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August 23, 2014 - Elder Holland's Visit


Obviously, the highlight this week was with Elder Holland!!!   He is freaking hilarious, honestly!  You think from the general conference talks that he is super serious always and just speaks super harshly about the gospel that the members need to repent, but he was super awesome with us.  We got to shake his hand and basically be interviewed by him when he looked us in the eyes, (advantages of being an apostle).  We got to receive a special training from him and he responded indirectly to a lot of the questions I had about the gospel and other more specific things.  A lot about the Holy Ghost and he talked about if we do anything on this misson it's to bring one soul converted to the church - and that one soul is yourself.  Really and truly an awesome experience!  He has some of the brightest, clearest, blue eyes I think I have ever seen in my entire life, they were crazy.  Here are some funny mimes that the missionaries sent around.  The area president also talked, but really and truly we were all thinking this. hahahahah

braceyourselvesElderHollandisupNext


He gave us homework to study: Moroni 7 because he opened it up to questions and someone asked about how we can love others like our family, then he gave us this to do.  
He also talked about what we should pray about, which needs to consist of at least 2 things:
1. Constant reference to repentance and forgiveness that we may forgive others and that we ask God for forgiveness.
2.  Live worthily of the company of the Holy Ghost 
I thought it was really interesting because he said the most under honored principle in the gospel is the companionship of the holy spirit. 




Life in the new position is a different.  I get to the office at about 8 every morning and study the scriptures until 9.  Then I start doing the office work.  This past week I've been working a lot with passports and visa problems with the foreign missionaries.  I am going to have to go to São Paulo with another missionary to change his identification.  Im pretty nervous because São Paulo has like 20 million people living there, its like NYC on drugs. And were not going with a single Brazilian, just three Americans that haven't been to one of the biggest cities in the world. haha pray for me on Tuesday. The one thing that I'm learning a lot is computer tricks.  It's a little frustrating at times because my "trainer" makes me learn them myself, but I have learned the stuff better in this way.  I'm in the office from 8 in the morning until about 5 or 6 in the afternoon then we leave to visit investigators and families that we are teaching.  I most likely will be in the mission office until February just about 6 months.  By that time I'll have almost a year and 6 months on the mission!!!!

But overall, I'm doing good!  Have a good week!  If anything happens during the week you want to share or ask you can!  I'm always on the computer and can send a quick email to you when I have time..  I just don't have time for an hour and a half every day. Saturday is my P-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment