Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August 30, 2014 - Trip to Sao Paulo and Zone Conference

My week was pretty and good pretty eventful going to a whole bunch of different places! 
The highlight for sure was going to São Paulo...the third largest city in the world!  To take a bus to one side of the city to the other, you better expect at least a 2 to 3 hour bus ride.  We had to fix a problem for an Elder. His Brazilian identification that he received said that he was from the Vatican.  He's a hick from North Carolina hahah. He was just having a blast just being there, but I was stressing out that we would miss something or it wouldn't work out in the end.  We had to redo his documents there at the federal police department.  It took quite a bit of time to say the least.  We left at 5 in the morning and didn't get back to Santos until about 7:30 at night.  I was to say the least, a little exhausted.  I also found out that it doesn't matter where you are in the world, the people that deal with passports or visas in those offices are grumpy people in general.  Even if you give 'em a good old Thurgood smile, they still look like they don't want you to be at their desk at that moment!

We have been working with a family to get them married so the woman can get baptized, but something always happens in the end like a technical error or something else goes wrong that we can't get the marriage marked.  

I'm still with Elder Debaltzo as my secretary trainer, but President said he is going to be transferred on Tuesday, so that's when I will officially be alone to figure everything out.  President Cabral said that it will make me learn the stuff a lot faster when I'm thrown into the fire without any help.

We had a zone conference meeting yesterday that was really good.  President and Sister Cabral are so amazing.  Sister Cabral helped us out on how to plan activities and basically everything that we want to do in the mission.

President talked about an apostolic blessing that was given to him and other mission presidents in São Paulo by Elder Holland. He said we were also blessed by him by what he said. He didn't share anything specifi, but just one phrase for us to interpret on our own that he will explain later.  He said that, "the Red sea is open."  How I interpreted it was that we have everything given to us; the way to success is already in front of us.  We just need to take it.  Take the courage and press forward with faith.  Super cool!

Thinking about getting a new suit.  My blue one ripped on the bus this past week.  I have 200 reais saved up that I might go to a store today and look.  I'm gonna go Brazilian style on everyone hahaha
Sister Cabral's Favorite Chocolate












.


No comments:

Post a Comment